Runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey,
My garden is totally enclosed the grassy bit has a fence around it with a gate. I did have rabbits in there once, [Escaped from their cage] but they couldn't get out of the garden. They only about 3 months old, so they weren't massive. Do you think that it would be ok to let them roam free in the garden, if it's completely escape proof?

Isabella x

I suppose that if it deffently escape proof then i cant see any proplem with letting them roam free in your garden ,the only worry i would have is cats/foxes getting in a getting your pigs..does the run have a cover/roof on it?

You must also pay attention because of the eagles and also of the plants in your garden, some can really be poisonous for piggies.

I wouldn't personally...cats and other animals could get into your garden before you realise and easily catch them. Also, what about at night? A cat could come into your garden and use it as their toilet - you wouldn't want your piggies eating grass which has been peed on by a cat. Personally I think a run is better O0

When you mean inclosed ,how high are the fences that are keeping the pigs in?Because cats cant jump very high so if the fence is high their shouldn`t be a problem

My cats used to get over a seven foot fence from a standing start at the bottom. Maybe if you could create an area that has some sort of roof to stop predators that might help. I think free range time is great for Piggys tho and I do myself have a free range rabbit but then again he is a hefty thing and has taken to chasing any cats that come near lol. He's turned the whole predator prey thing on its head! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back