Running around...

• Thread starter Thread starter ryu_sama
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryu_sama

For the last two days, Stewy has randomly started running around his cage in circles, and jumping around to turn. I was just wondering if that meant there was anything wrong with him, or whether he's just stretching his legs since he spends most of his time hidden under the box, inside his tray.

Hi there,

it sounds to me like a happy piggy to me!
the jumping you mention is called popcorning and is a sign that he is happy!

Enjoy!

L

Yeah I agree it's popcorning....mine bounce off the floor like they're having a fit or have been bitten! It's usually when I give them their Veggies and especially when the weather's good and they can "eat" the lawn! I have to confess the first time I saw them do it I put them in the pet carrier and was about to run to the vet...then I checked on the forum and saved myself a whole heap of embarrassment-not to mention money! ;D Lesley

LOL Lesley I was the same I thought Sunshine was having a seizure when I saw him do it for the first time. And he was in a tiny cage at the time! Mad!

Stewy's got quite a big cage (we used it for both our house rabbits when we first got them) and I thought he was scared of something, because he dashes into the box if he's out if I even look at him haha. But it's like... Suddenly, when I've not even gone near him, I hear him running around like something is chasing him xD I'm glad it means he's happy, because he's on his own and I often feel bad for not giving him a companion.

You should see Tommy take off he's got huge back feet bigger, than my fully grown adult piggy Sparky

Bee-Bop popcorned all the way under the sofa tonight!

She then played piggie stampede!

We had to blackmail her with veggies to get her out cos she was having so much fun!

Dare not send Bubbleberry in after her to encourage her out in case they both liked it!

i love the way its so infectious, one of the younger decides to have a popcorn moment and moves around the run like a bucking bronco, when they come into contact with another, they set off too and before you know it all of them are doing it, dashing in and out of the hidey holes and leapign over the food bowl. Moet on the otherhand (the leader of the pack) just munches on grass and looks at them all like they are all 98)

Popcorning is ACE ;D

First time I saw it I thought they were having a fit!

Popcorning Trains is another good one.

Aline of pigs all bouncing around the room!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back