Runaround tunnels

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Do many of you have these, or similar. Are they any good/worth the money?
What if the Piggie doesn't want to go through or come out and sits in the middle?

Sorry lots of questions, we are just considering if it's worth attaching something like this to the new shed.

Any thoughts appreciated.

I wouldn’t bother with the black tunnels. I find pee and poo collects in the grooves . The tunnels are better suited for rabbits than guinea pigs .

Mine absolutely love the black tunnels, we've not had a problem with pee and poop in them. One of my boars likes to sit in the opening of the tunnel and look out which is the only place wee and poop is deposited, this is easy to wash out. Every now and again I give the inside of the tubes a blast with the hose.
When it's time for the boys to come back indoors I put the little door down on the tube so they can't run into it. Sadly with this years rubbish summer they've not had much opportunity to be outside.
IMG_1000 (1).webp

We have a Runaround tunnel system too. It’s great fun for the piggies, they love it. Bill and Ted used to thunder through it! 😆 If they didn’t want to come in then they will sit in the tunnel so you can’t catch them and they know it! We have been known to unscrew the tunnel at both ends and carry thr tunnel in with both pigs inside it 😆

1626206937676.webp

Thank you everyone, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth making holes in the new shed and attaching something.

How easy is it to unscrew for washing out/ retrieving a stubborn Piggie?

I'm wondering if I just continue popping them in carriers and putting them out in the run, or if it would work having it attached to the shed so they have more freedom to go in and out.

With the weather we have here is it worth it?

Who knew these little piggies would steal my heart and cost me so much!

We have set these up for our two girls. They love them. Once set up ita pretty easy to unscrew and remove the tunnels to empty the poo's which have collected. When we move the run around we shut them in shed and you can see them looking out, waiting for the plastic door to be removed so they can go back out. They seem really happy being able to come and go as they please. Only took them a few days to work out what it was about

Attachments

• 20210514_192341.webp
    20210514_192341.webp
    108.2 KB · Views: 11
Back