• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rumbly tummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Duke hasn't eaten basically for 2 days (yes again :'( ) so i've boosted up the CC feeds and hand feed him which ever veggie i can get into him plus lots of water.
During the night i noticed whilst feeding him his tummy was rumbly and making like popping noises, i went upstairs with him and gave him a tiny dose of metacam and 0.2ml of colic treatment, this morning when i fed him just before 8am he was the same but not as bad... his tum is slightly firm but his poops are ok just smaller.
Any suggestions to help him other than what i'm doing? Oh and i massaged his tummy during the night and this morning as well :-\

I dont have any advise, but i really hope he gets better soon. fingers and paws crossed over here.

You're doing everything you can Glynis, as the other have said, come on Dukey get better for mummy :smitten: :smitten:

I can't offer any advice Glynis but i want to say i'm thinking about you &

Come on Chubster - get munching for granny & everyone else :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thankyou :smitten: :smitten:

Niki just suggested metatone O0 i'll be giving him some when i get home this arvo, thanks to the lovely Debbie for sending awhile back :smitten:

Aw good luck Duke!

Sorry ive only just seen this .....

C'mon big boy - you can do it!

Fingers and paws crossed in our house for you Duke. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Come on Duke eat something for your mummy! Hope he is ok Glynis.

Billies Mum Metacam encourages an appitite I think I've got that right. :)

Metacam is pain relief, well thats what my vet siad, i actually found it to supress Ralfs appetite and his recovery, he came off metacam and the next day he started walking better and eating more, maybe it just numbed him. xx

Metacam(Meloxican) is a very good combined analgesic and anti-inflammatory.It is formulated for dogs but is safe for gps.However,it needs to be used with caution because a minority of gps can have adverse reactions to it.It should not be used long term because it has a side affect of liver/kidney damage.

OK i'll update: but i'll answer everyones replies first :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Jen and Anne thankyou sooooo much :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Jen, yes as Emma and Mary said Metacam is a pain relief but def used in small doses and not too often... upsets their tummies :( Yes Emma i find after a few days of baytril and metacam Duke's not a happy boy ..... not had the experience with numbing :o :o as poor Ralfie did sooooo glad he's back to normal again O0 :smitten: :smitten:

Zoe yep i reckon it was, problem was he was on the meds cause they think he has leukemia or is fighting a mega bad infection as his white blood cell count was WAYYY over the top >:(

I've continued with extra water, massages and the colic drops but'll be stopping those of tonight cause i hate to give too many meds cause of the gut problem they suffer :(

He's munched on lots of leafies (which i know is not good) BUT today i went and bought a new bag of Oxbow pellets and i'll throw out the last of his pellets and start him on new ones :) :) :) i'm hoping the fresh smell of them will tempt him ;) ahhh the way to a man's heart thru his belly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: so once i can get him back onto pellets it's heading in the right direction O0

Ah come of Dukey tuck into those new pellets for your mum. Thinking of you Glynis and sending lots and hugs and kisses to Duke from me and the gang :smitten:

Caviesgalore said:
Ah come of Dukey tuck into those new pellets for your mum. Thinking of you Glynis and sending lots and hugs and kisses to Duke from me and the gang :smitten:

Thanks love we value your advice, friendship and love heaps :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He decided to not really eat again overnight and this morning he wimpered when i wanted to feed him his CC so i started with water first and then he accepted his CC :-\ he's eaten a couple of leaves but it looks like it's gonna be one day up three days down.... :( :( :(

Aww Glynis, I'm sorry to hear that. Is Duke at the vets anytime soon?

All I can suggest is keep trying, I hope he manages to eat a little better for you. It's horrible to see them unwell.

Sending hugs,

Louise
x

Yes Louise he's booked in for his monthly toofie trim next week O0
I was there yesterday and collected a new bag of CC and a new bag of Oxbow pellets for him :smitten:
I chatted to the girls and they said just call if needs be and they'll slot him in no matter what O0 they look after me and Duke sooo well :smitten:

He got a christmas card from them yesterday too :) :) :)

How's your little man doing today? I was thinking about him earlier when I was cleaning out pigsville,sending you both lots of love and kisses :-* :-*

Poor Duke.
Come on gorgeous boy, eat something up for your Mummy and we are all thinking about you. :-* :-* :smitten: :smitten:

Thankyou all :smittn: :smittn:

[colorr]How long can i giv him th rops for, mor than a coupl of ays in a row bfor i tak him off an thn start again a fw ays latr? i just on't want to giv it to him for too many ays in a row... on't want to upst his tummy anymor than all th rugs tc hav alray on :-\

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Glynis,

If you mean the Metacam drops,3 days in a row is safe,then go to alternate days if necessary.I try and get my pigs off Metacam as quickly as possible but if they are in mpain you have no choice.

Hugs to you and Duke from The Epsom Mob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back