• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rubys not well at all!

• Thread starter Thread starter gothchick1515
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

When i last posted about my nans pig Ruby i think i mentioned a urine infection. well i treated it wiv cranberry and she looked and was much better but it came back with avengance! and now shes on batryl and some other antibiotic! my nan is so worried! but what we didnt tell her was that the vet has felt some lumps in her kidneys! he sed if the antiobodies dont treat it it might mean he has to look into it being either kidney stones or cancer! shes 3 so age isnt on her side. he said he can operate but he wouldnt b sure she would come through cos she's old. apparanlty theres a drug they can give her to try to break up kidney stones! hope that works! x

Oh dear poor little Ruby :(
Good luck i do hope the vets can give her something rather than having to do an operation :(
Paws crossed and hugs to you and your Nan :-* :-* :-*

At 3 years ,Ruby is not old(piggies can live to 8years or longer.I have an 8 year old and recently lost a 9 year old.At this age surgery should not be a problem.I am a little doubtful that the lumps are stones as this is an unusual site for them.Renal stones in piggies are normally in the bladder., so I would think it is more likely tumours,although stones cannot be ruled out at this stage.The tumours could well be benign anyway. Paws crossed for Ruby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back