• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rose Petals

• Thread starter Thread starter scrambledegg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scrambledegg

Hi i'm new here. I have 2 guinea pig girls Scrambled and Egg. In pets at home they have a natural treat for guinea pigs which has rose petals in. Could i feed my guinea pigs rose petals from my tree? thanks Lisa.

i think that a while ago i heard that piggies love them, but I'm not sure how many they can have.

me either Glynis, would never have thought about them, think might want it checked out more though

"Guinea pigs can eat the petals of both cultivated and the wild roses. Rose petals may be calming and cooling, and if you guinea pig is introduced to them first they make a lovely treat before and during transit. They can also be fed dried mixed with the cavys dried food mix or pellets. Do not use dried rose petals that are sold intended to be or are part of pot pourri, these can have oils or other contents that are not good for guinea pigs." -http://www.freewebs.com/chivecavies/forageplants.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back