• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Roo's mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quavers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so as most of yous know my little Roo has tooth problems and will need regular dentals, he needs seringe fed for teh rest of his life and has taken to teh seringe quite well but last night and this morning ive noticed Roo's sitting with his mouth open pretty much all the time and hes constantly moving his mouth around :-\ is this normal for a piggy with tooth problems?

(thought id add that Roo's jaw is also mis-lined so his back teeth dont meet together)

No this is not normal.It could just be that he has a lump of food stuck on the molars,or there could be a problem in the jaw.In case it is food,gently have a feel round the mouth with a cotton bud.,but it would be best to take the piggy to a gp savvy vet.

Sounds like its time for him to go back for a trim/file. Can you get to Gina in Cheshire? She used to do one to one dental tuition (which isn't something everyone can take to, so don't feel guilty :) ). If not Gina is very good.

i did the cotton bud thing and Roo can finally close his mouth ;D going to get the vet to take a look in his mouth on Monday hopefully his teeth havent grown again as its only been a week since his dental. he was making me laugh last night because he was pulling at his teddy trying to get it in his little house ;D

Umm,hate to tell you,but the teeth can regrow in a week!.I have a piggy now with this problem,teeth trimmed twice in 12 days!.

aww no :( poor roo :( well i have found a good GP vet and money isnt a prob i just feel sorry for my poor roo boy having to go through all this bless his heart. will deffinatly get his teeth checked when hes down getting weighed on monday.

i

It would be better to weigh Roo yourself,that way you will know whether he is getting enough nourishment.I weigh my pigs weekly,but when I have one that is not eating properly I weigh every day.Do it in the evening at approx the same time,that will give you an overall picture.

Any kitchen scales with a large bowl will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back