• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

ronnies poorly foot!

• Thread starter Thread starter poppy1775
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

about a week ago ronnie had his foot bitten quite badly by reggie during a fight a few days later a noticed he wasn'tputting much weight on it when i look i noticed it was really quite swollen so i took him straight anyway she gave him an anti inflamitary injection and an antibiotic injection and a 6 day course on baytril.

Anyway that was on friday and i've been giving the antibiotics every evening but if anything its more swollen than it was before it doesn't even look like a foot anymore !

Has anyone got any ideas what else i can do to make him feel better?

Awwwwww! Poor little Ronnie :'( Sending lots of piggified kisses to make him better :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Sorry not much help! Have you tried gently bathing it in cold water to try to reduce the swelling? (Obviously not freezing water 98))

aww thank you yeah i tried that i've booked him back in to see the vet today at 2:30 so i'll let you know how it goes!
i feel so sorry for him :(

Poor Ronnie.
Good luck at the vets. O0

just got back from the vets and it was full of puss the vets squeezed it all out and given him a longer course of antibiotics so hopefully he should be ok now! :smitten: :smitten:

Hope you are feeling better soon! Ronnie! Loads of piggy lips kisses to you! :-* :-* :-*

Louise
x

Its important to keep the abscess flushed and clean so it heals from the inside out. I had a boar with this problem (bitten by a rat) and the infection just kept going up the leg, lots of flushing, and antibiotics got it right though.

Bathe the foot in dilute,warm Hibiscrub,dry thoroughly,then pack the hole with high potency Manuka honey.Smear GG pad cream round the area.On alternate days, smear GG Lavender and Mryhh lotion instead of the pad cream.I am using this regime on one of my boars who has an infected ulcer on a pad.

I do hope Ronnie is feeling better soon. I agree with the Manuka honey, get the highest potency you can find (available in health food shops). I have some each day to try to keep my Crohns at bay as it is fantastic at healing/anti inflammatory - certainly seems to be helping.

Thanx everyone ronnies looking a lot better today will keep flushin it out though ;)

karenrgpr said:
Its important to keep the abscess flushed and clean so it heals from the inside out. I had a boar with this problem (bitten by a rat) and the infection just kept going up the leg, lots of flushing, and antibiotics got it right though.

Awwwww! poor little fella :'( nasty varmints :tickedoff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back