Rolling over?

5Pigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all! I just took out my guinea pig on my bed, I was sitting next to her while watching TV and then all of sudden she rolled over on her back or side? It happened very fast and scared my soul out of my body, I have 4 other piggies and whenever I take them out they've never rolled over to their side/back, she seems to be okay and is running around perfectly fine but is she okay? Does she need medical attention?

How old is she?
I only ask as some piggies when they are young will popcorn so wildly that they fall over.

Did she pop straight back up or did she seem to have difficulties getting back on her feet?
If she got straight back up and seems fine then just keep an eye on her.
Watch out for things like weight loss which might indicate an underlying problem like an ear infection, but it might just be one of those things.

How old is she?
I only ask as some piggies when they are young will popcorn so wildly that they fall over.

Did she pop straight back up or did she seem to have difficulties getting back on her feet?
If she got straight back up and seems fine then just keep an eye on her.
Watch out for things like weight loss which might indicate an underlying problem like an ear infection, but it might just be one of those things.
I don't think it could be an ear infection as I just took her to the vets four days ago and they said she was perfectly healthy, she just turned one this year in February so she's still young, she didn't have any difficulty getting back up she immediately got back up and started running around, she currently seems fine as of right now, it just gave me a little scare as I've never seen that happen before 😅

Blitzen used to popcorn wildly when he was very young and about 80% of the time he'd land oddly. He got better with landing properly as he got older but watching him those first few months was rather terrifying because he'd ping himself around all over the place.

Back