• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rocky's new noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today Rocky has made some weird noises, sounds like a dog barking. Do you think he is OK?

He's taking his meds really well and the incisions look OK.

Is it a cough? he's on meds so this should be ok, but get the little darling checked out on monday if at all concerned love :-\ :-\
Sending healing wheeks from Duke and gentle kisses from me :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
hugs for you too love :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Glad that the wound site is looking good, no puss or anything?

Not exactly a cough ::) ::) ::)

One of the wounds is a bit pink but he's on baytril in case of any infection

. Just checked Rocky. He has diarrhoea, from the Baytil. Must go and give him probiotics.

Rocky still has diarrhoea. He's very good, drinking lots of water and taking his meds. I have now identified that he squeaks when he craps. It's so hard for the poor little pumpkin to keep himself clean. I have given him a couple of bed baths. I don't want water in the incision, but neither do I want diarrhoea in it. I'm cleaning Rocky's hutch twice a day.

Poor little love :smitten:

Ok, I will ring them tomorrow. Cozzie had a different anti biotic and had no diarrhoea.

Thanks.

I stopped the Baytril and Metacam and took Rocky to the vet this afternoon as first thing I found some blood in the diarrhroea (fresh blood).

We saw a different vet. She said that the wounds are healing so well Rocky can stop the anti bios and just carry on with the pro bios. I asked her about the Metacam as I know it is a NSAID and could also affect digestion (Roger was never keen to prescribe it) and she agreed that the whole combo of anti bios, pain relief and anaestehtic was too much for Rocky's gut.

She said Rocky looked well though and was relaxed when she held him.

He is still squeaking a bit though, poor pumpkin, but we still have our original appt on Weds afternoon with Emmie who did the surgery. The results have not come back from the lab because of the bloody postal strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back