• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rocky may have surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We went to my new vet last wheek. She is called Emmie and seems very nice and knowledgeable about guineas O0

I showed her Rocky's cyst which has probably doubled in size since Roger last saw it. She shaved off the fur and now I can see it better the skin looks quite pink. It is now grape size ish. She thought maybe Rocky should have it removed now which would mean a GA.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Aww bless him :-*
Glad your vet seems nice and knowledgeable ! unlike some ::) Well, i think if you leave it itll just grow and grow and become quite uncomfortable for him :-\ so the best option would be to get it removed :) Hope to hear soon what you decide to do - Keep us updated please :smitten:

I have just looked at Peter Gurney's site and he says anaes is not necessary for this kind of thing.

PG says they can be lanced without, though I guess many vets wouldn't do it that way!

I am taking them back for their second Ivomec this wheek so I can talk to her again then.

Poor Rocky. :(

Awww whatever they choose to do hope he is better off :smitten:

awwwww Rocky sending heaps of healing wheeks to you sweetie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Dam lumps >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dukey sends gentle kisses for you Rocky :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Aww poor Rocky :(

Hope they can remove it under a local Lucinda, give Rocky kisses from us :smitten: :smitten:

We went back today for second ivomec. Emmie says she does think Rocky should have it removed.

For some reason she was consulting in theatre today. There was a plaque on the wall saying the operating light had been bought in memory of (then the names) two dogs who had died. I thought it would be lovely to get Roger something for his theatre in memory of Dr 0:) and Scarby 0:) something for guineas - a guinea ET tube or similar.

Lucinda said:
We went back today for second ivomec. Emmie says she does think Rocky should have it removed.

For some reason she was consulting in theatre today. There was a plaque on the wall saying the operating light had been bought in memory of (then the names) two dogs who had died. I thought it would be lovely to get Roger something for his theatre in memory of Dr 0:) and Scarby 0:) something for guineas - a guinea ET tube or similar.

What a lovely thought Lucinda :smitten:

Quote from: Lucinda on Today at 08:43:51 pm

For some reason she was consulting in theatre today. There was a plaque on the wall saying the operating light had been bought in memory of (then the names) two dogs who had died. I thought it would be lovely to get Roger something for his theatre in memory of Dr and Scarby something for guineas - a guinea ET tube or similar

Thats such a sweet idea :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back