Rockey Tried Bitting me..twice.

• Thread starter Thread starter ablank92
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ablank92

Since I've gotten my two females (caged bellow him, he can't see them.) he's been more...reluctant. He doesn't want me to pet him (he crouches down like it's painful or something) He won't let me pick him up (he runs around the cage in circles) and this morning he tried biting me after I stroked his back a few times. I let him be for a few minutes and tried to stroke him again and he tried biting me...again. x.x

Why is he doing this?

He was plenty happy till a few weeks ago, when we went away my neighbors who were watching all our pigs said Rockey was being agressive twords them and nipping. I didn't notice anything until like 2 weeks ago when he started running when I tried to pick him up.

I don't know what would make him unhappy... He has a decent size cage, is always provided with Orchard Grass, has plenty of water, is showered with treats and love from everyone (until now. hah, some are afraid he'll bite them) he gets pellets and fresh food twice daily. And when I get home he's put in a giant run in my room about 3 ft by 5 ft.

Any ideas as to what would be brining on this aggression?

Keeping him in the same room as 2 girls is going to be very very frustrating for the poor guy :(

Might be worth getting him checked for mites/fungal infection as sometimes if you touch a badly affected area, they will turn to bite :(

Ahhh he might be ill if hes crouching down and he might not want you near him if theres somethign wrong with him :-\

Yes 2 new sows may be the problem also as he cant get to them but he can smell them :P He might just be stressed out for a while ::) Have you tried getting a new playmate for him or deciding to get him neutered to go with the girls may be a suggestion O0 Thats if there cage is big enough

He might calm down and if he does then hell probably talk to the girls as its new company for him :D

mm, the girls will be getting a new cage away from him. May this help a little bit?

And Ive noticed he has little bumps on him...almost feel like scabs. I cannot see anything, but like I said I can feel it. Is this a symptom of mites?

And Rock is actually quite a ham, Iloveanimals, he does talk to them. And my sisters guinea across the hall. Right in the morning he rings his bell and all of the piggies chime in and talk to one another. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back