• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

RJ is not getting better...

• Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdryan

Well, the vet said that giving RJ a shot of Iveremctin would give a dramatic improvement, but his hair loss is getting worse, not better! He is almost 3/4 bald now and starting to show signs of abrasions from scratching so much. >:( I understand I may need another vet, but I l;ibe in a relatively small town and there don't seem to be that many options here. I will check out GorgeousGuineas, but this is really driving me insane. Besides, GorgeousGuineas is UK based and I am in the USA which will make getting what I need harder and take longer...

Anyone know of a good vet in Lakeland, Fl? ?

Ditto to that. GG will ship to the USA no problem. Other options are fungal (Nizoral shampoo will help) or lice (Advantage, which you can get from your vet, can help with lice).

Edited to add... it almost always takes more than one treatment of ivermectin to be effective as one will not catch the eggs that hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back