• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ringworm?

cavycrew

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey, I'm back again lol. My little baby Pico has this weird white crust on his ear, just noticed it today. I haven't noticed him acting strangely though, and his cagemate seems fine. I'm not sure what this is and I'm not allowed to see a vet until next week, so I'm getting very anxious as to what to do at home. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Hopefully the attachment will work.

And if it is ringworm like mentioned, what should I do to decontaminate? They have two water bowls, a hay rack, bedding floors, a hidey hole and a bowl of kibble. Along with that Pico has his cagemate Fred, and I have no idea whether or not I should separate them, or keep them as buddies and just take them both to the vet whenever I can. Any help for resources on how to clean would be very appreciated! This is really new to me.

Attachments

• 20220326_221248.webp
    20220326_221248.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 18
You will need a vet to diagnose and treat whatever is wrong with him.

Please don’t separate them.

This is the ringworm guide which explains what is needed in terms of treatment and hygiene should it turn out to be ringworm.

In the meantime, all you can do is keep up with your weight checks and ensure they are eating well

Ringworm: Hygiene, Care And Pictures

Back