• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ricky is Doing Wonderful

• Thread starter Thread starter Annie59
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annie59

I just wanted to let everyone who had been so supportive of Ricky when he had that huge abscess removed that he is doing fantastic. Nothing left but a tiny slit, which looks like a tiny cut. It was huge and I was hopeless, knowing nothing about guinea pigs. But thanks to a very caring group of people on this forum, (like Lavenderjade) I did ok! For that, I thank you all! It was for some reason, a long recovery. It was very deep and very large. He goes for one more visit to take the bandage off his back paw (to keep him from scratching). He is looking great. Jumping all around like when I first got him and just loving his pen! He is a wonderful guinea pig! O0 O0 O0 :) :) :)

That is great news! Thanks for updating us :) We would love to see more pics of Ricky really soon O0

David and I are coming to NY next month on holiday, we are looking forward to it :D

Thank you both so much for your support. And Lavenderjade, if you have ANY questions about NY that I can help you with ahead of time, please let me know! I'm assuming your going to NYC? I go a lot, so ask any questions you may have! Thanks again!

That's fantastic news YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Ricky :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
It's such a long road isn't it and you think will this ever get better :-\ and then one day you realise it's not oozing O0
You've done a brilliant job with him, well done love :smitten:

Thanks Annie! We are putting our excitement on hold as our little boy had an accident but he is recovering now, so I will PM you with any questions :D

I agree with Glynis, you have done an amazing job with Ricky and you should feel proud for acting so swiftly O0 We are all glad we could help, as we all need a little of that every now and then O0

Well, all, I have good news and not so good news. Ricky got the bandage off his foot and his wound is all cleared up (with a little scar). He's as happy as a lark. Back in his hammock and loving it. But the other day I felt another lump and today it's bigger. It's only about an inch or two from the last abscess. I'm sick over it. The vet is hoping it's just a lynph gland because it's in the spot where one would be, but she said it very well may be another abcsess. I have to keep an eye on it. I just can't afford this again and I don't know what to do. I'll just cross my fingers. He's so good. I don't want him to go through it again. Does anyone know if abscesses can be cronic? Say a little prayer for us! The vet e-mailed me this absolutely hysterical video. I'm going to try to post a link, but I don't know if I can do it. It is so worth looking at. You will all crack up. I'm going to try.....here goes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3sX3praGE

hello annie,
loved the video and the chipmunks too! sending prayers, love and thoughts your way for you and ricky! easier said than done, but try not to worry until or if you need too! hugs and cuddles to you and ricky :) 0:) :smitten: :smitten:

hope Ricky is ok will keep our fingers and paws crossed for him :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Awww I do hope not another abscess :( I will keep everything crossed that it isnt :smitten:

Fingers and paws crossed here too. :smitten: :smitten:

Awwww bless him - lets hope its nothing to worry about again :-*

Good Luck :smitten:

Thanks all. I think the lump might have grown slightly. She said it may even if it's a lymph gland. I'm still crossing my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back