Reviews on haybox

miranda2300

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys am thinking to go on to haybox for the piggies hay the pets at home in my area are not reliable for the hay for the piggies
What you think of hay box
Thanks

Reactions: Tim
Absolutely love haybox and most importantly so do all my animals!
I’ve been using it for a couple of years now.
The ease of the subscription is really good and means I never worry about running out of hay

I had my first order from HayBox a few weeks back. They do a free sample set of four hays so you can see what your piggies like/dislike. I ordered the free samples which were very nice amounts and also some other Timothy hay and a few lots of dried herbs and flowers. All looked fresh and delicious.
Sadly my Bear was too ill to really enjoy much of them but the quality appeared to be very good and when I have new babies to adore, I will certainly buy from HayBox again.

Another company to consider is Natures Own. They are based here in Devon which is why I've mainly used them as they are local. Their hay and herbs are always very good quality. Delivery is quick and the customer service is excellent.

Hay box is great. I buy the soft cut and the Timothy blend. Recently they sent me two boxes of coarse cut. Their customer service was great. They redelivered my boxes. I was supposed to give back the coarse hay but the delivery driver refused to take it. So Haybox said I could keep them. So I gave them to two friends who have bunnies. 👍🏻

I started off trying Haybox a few months ago - just ordering as I needed hay. I soon liked them so much that I set up a monthly subscription. Their hay is lovely (endorsed by my vet, who enjoyed sniffing it!). Stuff comes promptly, easy to change an order via subscription and their other products are of really high quality too.

You can’t go wrong with them. I’m in N Ireland and gladly pay the £5 postage it takes to get here.

I buy from Natures Own and they are quick to deliver and have excellent customer service if things go awry.

I am also very happy with haybox, my piggies love both their meadow and Timothy blend hay. They also enjoy the nature's own meadow hay with marigold and dandelion

I have 8 pigs and they all have left a positive review. They like the Timothy blend and get through almost 30kg a month. Here's what they have to say:

"So green and smells delicious!" - Autumn

"Nice amount of seed heads and low dust." - Cyril

"Fun to play in and snuggle in!" - Po and Jupiter

"*Munch, munch*" - Eris and Mia

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeek!" - Blossom

The only downside is that the human can't keep up with the refilling of trays. 😅

Only positive reviews from my pigs! We regularly get the soft Timothy and various bits of forage from them. We switched over to their pellets a few weeks ago as well, also piggie approved 👍

Never had any problems with the hay or the service, in fact my last order was shipped within an hour of placing it and it arrived the next day. The boxes are huge which is a bit of a pain, but does mean I can tick hay off my list for longer than if I was using a petshop sized bag.

We love Haybox! We buy the meadow hay to just fill up the hayroom area after cage cleans, for nibbling and nesting- soft cut timothy for filling hay trays and any cardboard boxes or a pile in the playpen to hide treat veg in, for general jumping into while hungry- then the stalkier timothy blend for after meals when the piggies want to eat it more slowly and get some good coarse fibre for their teeth and digestion.
Really good range of quality hays for all occasions :)

I recommend this so much! We use the Timothy hay. The piggies love it, it arrived quikly and when I messed up my subscription someone from the company called me within an hour of me sending an email to help me. We don’t use anything else xx

I've been using haybox for years, we get the timothy blend. Like all hay, batches can be different, so sometimes it is more of the softer cut and sometimes more of the courser cut. Subscription is excellent, when I run out of hay early it is super easy to change the date and it comes within 3 working days most of the time. The only thing that annoys me is that the boxes are more often than not damaged, they said this is an issue with DPD and are trying to rectify it - but I am still having issues 6 months later with damaged boxes arriving.
If your pigs prefer meadow hay, I would recommend hayday - it's a lot greener than the haybox meadow.

Back