Rest in Peace, Thendral

AksGuineas

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

One of my two guinea pigs (Angel and Thendral) has passed away recently.

It was the first time going through this and I am heartbroken. It has only been them two for the 4.5 years that i have had them, and to see Angel all alone breaks me. Its been a few days since Thendral's passing, and now i am looking for options as to what to do with Angel.

I dont really want to get another young guinea pig, i havent got the emotional capacity, or the time to embark on another set of piggies, as much as i would love to. I was looking into adopting an older guinea pig, and i was looking at some bereavment forums on here, and they are saying that some options exist where they allow us to adopt a guinea pig for the duration of Angel's lifetime? I'm not really sure about this though..

I dont really want to give up Angel either, and so giving her up for adoption wouldnt really suit me.

I'm conflicted as to what to do, and as a new guinea pig owner, this is the first time i'm going through any of this. I really hope that some more experienced piggie owners can help me out here.

Also, for the duration that Angel has been alone, i have been at home all day, so i've made sure to spend a lot more time with her, however now i have other commitments during the day, does anyone know what i can do to help Angel while there is nobody at home? I've read online that playing music and stuff might help, but some guidance on this would be appreciated!

Thank you all, If you guys need any more details then please ask. Thanks again for all of your support, i know these forums are very supportive and i hope you guys will be able to help me.

Thendral , 20th August 2019 - 3rd January 2024

Attachments

• 20210906_083019.webp
    20210906_083019.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210906_083016.webp
    20210906_083016.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 1
So very sorry for your loss.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve.

If you don’t like the options of giving Angel to a new home then do consider adopting or fostering an older piggy.
If you check the Rescue List as the top of the forum there may be one near enough for you to contact and ask.
The rescues are stringent about the checks they do to ensure a good home and some of the rescues offer a ‘dating ‘ service so that Angel can choose her own companion.
I hope you do find a suitable companion soon.

Welcome to the forum

So very sorry for your loss.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve.

If you don’t like the options of giving Angel to a new home then do consider adopting or fostering an older piggy.
If you check the Rescue List as the top of the forum there may be one near enough for you to contact and ask.
The rescues are stringent about the checks they do to ensure a good home and some of the rescues offer a ‘dating ‘ service so that Angel can choose her own companion.
I hope you do find a suitable companion soon.

Welcome to the forum
Hi Merab,

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I've read online that some rescue centers do something where they give a piggie to us for the duration of Angel's life (I've read on some bereavement forums here) is this a thing that Rescue centers do?
Also, for the duration that Angel is by herself, do you have any tips as to what I can do while I'm not at home, e.g playing music etc.?
Thank you so much

I’m so sorry for your loss. Good luck fostering. I hope you can find Angel a friend. Roughly whereabouts are you located as it may help with advice.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Good luck fostering. I hope you can find Angel a friend. Roughly whereabouts are you located as it may help with advice.
Hello weepweeps, thank you so much. I am located in the Hampshire area

I am so sorry you lost Thendral, sending hugs at this sad time.
I would reach out to rescues near you about your bereaved Angel and hopefully they can bond her with an single piggie, either a neutered boar or another sow

I’m nit sure if Wheek and Squeek are still open, it’s listed on our Guide but the website doesn’t seem to work. Can you travel further?

There are about 3 guinea pig rescues in Hampshire if you look on fb and the internet. they are not 9n our recommended list, I notice one does do fostering

I am so sorry you lost Thendral, sending hugs at this sad time.
I would reach out to rescues near you about your bereaved Angel and hopefully they can bond her with an single piggie, either a neutered boar or another sow

I’m nit sure if Wheek and Squeek are still open, it’s listed on our Guide but the website doesn’t seem to work. Can you travel further?

There are about 3 guinea pig rescues in Hampshire if you look on fb and the internet. they are not 9n our recommended list, I notice one does do fostering
Hello,
Thank you for your support, much appreciated.

I'm not sure if traveling further would be possible, but I'll see based on the circumstances. I'll look at the rescues online. Thank you so much.

Also, any tips on as to how I can comfort Angel in the duration she is alone?

Back