• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Respiratory infection?

D

Deleted member 153590

Hi, we’ve had my little guy Ollie for almost a whopping four years now! And yes, we did have another guy before, but he passed away suddenly the last day of January this year. (most likely from a heart attack or stroke) I’ve been so paranoid due the fact that I walked in on him and spotted him dead without previous symptoms that I was aware of, so I’ve been looking out for any sort of sign of illness in Ollie. He’s had this little symptom even before Basil died, his breathing is extremely fast. He seems very happy though, and it’s my bad that he never gets out. I need to let him out more so it could probably just because he lays around all day and it’s my fault I know. His breathing sounds clear it’s just really fast.

Welcome to the forum and I’m sorry for your loss.

Please do have Ollie seen by a vet so his chest and heart can be checked properly.

If Ollie doesn’t have a friend living with him now, then once he has a clean bill of health, then do look to get him a new friend. He could have many years ahead of him and it is too long for him to be alone.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope Ollie is ok. 🤞🏻

Welcome to the forum and I’m sorry for your loss.

Please do have Ollie seen by a vet so his chest and heart can be checked properly.

If Ollie doesn’t have a friend living with him now, then once he has a clean bill of health, then do look to get him a new friend. He could have many years ahead of him and it is too long for him to be alone.
Thank you so much! It’s alright, thank you :)
And thank you for your response!

If I’m being totally honest with you, not even trying to make excuses or anything, he seems a lot less grumpy without Basil around. It makes me terribly sad, but he loves people and my family a lot more. Since we’ve moved around a month ago, I’ve set him in the living room and he absolutely loves the attention he gets from all of us. My mom also says she doesn’t want to see me devastated about two more babies passing away on me, so I don’t know if I’m going to be able to convince her to let me bring home another piggie.

And I completely wish I could, I’m a young teenager. I’ve told my parents multiple time about my concerns. They both think he’s absolutely fine, (Due to the fact that he’s had this for probably 8-ish or so months now? Not 100% sure.) so they don’t want to pay for the bill if that’s the case. I’ve told them I can pay for it but they don’t seem to want to comply. They love my little Ollie, my whole family does, it’s just mainly the money thing.

I’m really sorry but as you are under age to use the forum we have to close your account. Your account will be anonymised. You will be able to see the forum and this thread but you won’t be able to post.

Back