• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Respiratory Infection Spread?

Lotteluvspigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A couple days ago one of my guinea pigs (potato) was making a weird sound when she breathed again(this first happened back in May of 2024). Since it already happened we went back to the vet and got the same medicine, the sound went away but I continue to give it to her. But today I realized that her cagemate (tiny) started making the same weird noise too, now she has a long history with "breathing sounds" she's had about 4 of these instances and they all seem to go away within 24 hours. Since I have the medicine for potato's respiratory thing should I give tiny the medication aswell? Or should I just let it pass like the many times before?

Just bumping up your post.

It might be a good idea to get Tiny checked over too just in case it’s a different cause this time. Good luck I hope they are soon on the mend.

I would not medicate Tiny yourself but would instead speak to the vet.

Was Potato’s chest crackly or clear when the vet listened to her?

Back