Reserved Piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home visit is going to be on Wednesday evening, eek!

Don't panic! It will be fine the lady that did mine was lovely we chatted about all sorts!
I think I know the mother and daughter you have reserved they look beautiful! I was tempted myself but with my two boys and fostering I would be the new crazy piggy lady :D

Don't panic! It will be fine the lady that did mine was lovely we chatted about all sorts!
I think I know the mother and daughter you have reserved they look beautiful! I was tempted myself but with my two boys and fostering I would be the new crazy piggy lady :D
I do get the feeling it easily gets out of hand, . I've got a lady from Coventry coming to do my visit as I live close by there.

Aww that is so exciting, and don't be nervous.
I used to home check in the UK (for a dog rescue) and we really aren't coming to see if the floor is hoover and the silver is polished!
Remember that the person doing the home check wants to approve your home because they know how many animals are waiting for a place to live.

It really is just to see if you understand the responsibility involved in taking on a new pet, and also that you have an adequate place for them to live.
They will also be on the look for species specific problems that you may not have considered (for example with guinea pigs I am guessing they don't want to see that you house a 5 ft python in the same room!), and also trying to weed out 'dodgy' homes (i.e. people rehoming for the wrong reasons - we used to get a few of those with certain dog breeds).

But really they want this to work out as much as you do.
You have clearly done your homework, and I think it sounds like you have a wonderful home to offer to guinea pigs.
I don't think you will have any problems at all.

:bronco::clap:
congratulations!!
happy new humans! little piggies :wub:
xx

I do get the feeling it easily gets out of hand, . I've got a lady from Coventry coming to do my visit as I live close by there.

I had to pass a home check by the local (again Coventry) RSPCA branch 7 years ago when I adopted Nerys (who is still with me) and her sister Nia (RIP) from the RSPCA Walsall. All they want to know is whether your cage and set-up conform with what you have told them and fulfill or surpass their minimal requirements. If you have other pets, they would like see how you interact with them. It is usually mostly a friendly chat. They are looking for normal homes, not wonderwoman!

Be your normal self, ask questions if you have any and take any advice or requests for improvement on board.

It was really nice and not a bit threatening . The lady had never owned piggies so didn't know anything extra to what was on the form but we did have a chat about the cat

Congratulations on passing! I've really enjoyed reading your thread - i had noticed the title before and didn't open it up. I thought it might be about shy pigs (!) But i now see i had totally misinterpreted 'reserved' !

Id never thought about it being taken the other way but I see it now, lol.

Just trying to sort a time, maybe tomorrow but could be next week

Trying my hardest for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back