• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Replacement for Critical Care?

prettynyguen

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I ran out of Critical Care. My vet is closed until Tuesday because of the long weekend here. I tried putting his pellets through a coffee grinder then soaking the powder in water. He doesn't want to eat it. Is there anything that I can add to make it tastier for him? He loved the Critical care.

You can a very tiny bit of veg but the main proportion needs to be the pellet mush - which is the only fibre alternative to the critical care

I ran out of Critical Care. My vet is closed until Tuesday because of the long weekend here. I tried putting his pellets through a coffee grinder then soaking the powder in water. He doesn't want to eat it. Is there anything that I can add to make it tastier for him? He loved the Critical care.

Hi

Mix the soaked pellets with a little mashed banana (make sure that three quarters are still pellets) and see how that goes. When the critical care arrives, I would recommend that you continue with adding some pellets to it so he gets used to the taste and eating them (as well as any healthy companions. It does help in an emergency if your piggies tuck into mushed pellets.

Here are more tips: How to Improvise Feeding Support in an Emergency

Back