Relentless humping between boars

MichelleM

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ganon is six years old. Nes is about one and a recent addition after Ganon's cagemate passed away. We've had Nes for a little over a month and it started with a lot of humping with Nes coming out as dominant. Ganon had no problem being submissive.

Out of nowhere today Nes began relentlessly humping and chasing Ganon. He won't let him alone for more than a few seconds without mounting him. Ganon is whining submissively but Nes simply won't let up and I'm afraid the constant humping will hurt Ganon's back since he's a senior pig. There is no fighting but Ganon can't get a moment's peace.

When Nes does pause, he stops to lick himself and he smells. I know guinea pigs emit a scent when trying to assert dominance.

Will this settle down? Is Nes just being hormonal? He won't let Ganon eat or drink for a moment without starting again.

It should hopefully settle down. They do experience another hormonal surge if I remember correctly.

Has Ganon been able to eat yet? See how they are tomorrow morning and hopefully Nes would have realised before long that everyone knows he’s top pig.

It can be stressful for us humans to watch.

Back