Refresh Veg Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylElla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I put the boys in their hutch about 7pm last night after we picked them up and didn't see either of them until late this afternoon I saw Hugo pop his head out of the ramp tunnel and nibble some hay so that must be where he's hiding. I went out and put a handful of hay and some kale at the top of the tunnel and when I checked the kale had gone.

This morning I put their veg on the lower level in front of the house I thought they were in but it's not been touched. I don't know where Ernie is hiding but should I take the veg out from this morning, put some at the top of the tunnel for Hugo and some bits by the other hiding house incase Ernie is in there?

Ok, I'll do it now and put a bit of fresh where I know Hugo is hiding. I don't know where Ernie is at the moment.

I put the boys in their hutch about 7pm last night after we picked them up and didn't see either of them until late this afternoon I saw Hugo pop his head out of the ramp tunnel and nibble some hay so that must be where he's hiding. I went out and put a handful of hay and some kale at the top of the tunnel and when I checked the kale had gone.

This morning I put their veg on the lower level in front of the house I thought they were in but it's not been touched. I don't know where Ernie is hiding but should I take the veg out from this morning, put some at the top of the tunnel for Hugo and some bits by the other hiding house incase Ernie is in there?

Yes, please put fresh veg on the level they are. Make sure that they are confident where they are first before extending to other levels.

When they are new and frightened it's best to put all food and water close to the hideys where they feel safest. They will soon get braver.

They're both sat on the ramp as it has a tunnel over it. I put some veg by the top of the tunnel and sat by the hutch for 45 mins talking to them. Ernie came out and stayed at the top of the tunnel eating the veg while I talked to him. He came out about 4 times to eat and also pull hay into the tunnel while I talked. When a noise spooked him I called 'wigwig, it's ok' and he popped his nose back out bless him. I'll put a bowl of pellets by the top of the tunnel too and leave the other bowl down by the other hiding house. There's poo on both levels so I know they're moving between the two. We're not connecting the third level for a while yet until they're comfortable. They're chatting away to each other too.

Mine had their greens at tea time. Because it was leafy stuff (cabbage, spinage, broccoli stems) I gave them 10 minutes to eat...and they had cleared the bowl apart from a few bits.

They had pepper, a tiny piece of Apple, and some cabbage for brekkie this morning. Tomorrow I have some cucumber to add to their bowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back