Refillable “britta” filters

rp1993

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
I was served an ad for these a while ago and one of our piggies fiends on Instagram has used them and recommends them, they are a cartridge for britta filters but you just refill the cartridge and but the stuff that goes inside!
I always feel awful throwing our filter away as it seems like such a waste so when I opened the last one today I knew I was going to order the refillable ones instead!
It’s £20 for the initial set with three months supply and £14 for three months of refills.

The World's Most Eco-Friendly Water Filter

I randomly saw those recently. Would love to know what you think. I was thinking of swapping to the reusable one.
Think even using the cheaper filters the reusable one works out slightly cheaper( they are supposed to last longer)& of course much better for the environment.

I got one of these for my birthday a few weeks ago (happily - I must be getting old!) and have been pleased with the results so far. I've never been a fan of plain tap water and we've just moved back to an extremely hard water area, but I will drink this. Husband, pigs and dog have also approved it 👍🏻 Early days yet so can't comment on the refill process but set up was certainly straight forward.

I randomly saw those recently. Would love to know what you think. I was thinking of swapping to the reusable one.
Think even using the cheaper filters the reusable one works out slightly cheaper( they are supposed to last longer)& of course much better for the environment.
I’ll be sure to feed back once it’s time to change over, I’m sure they all have similar stuff inside them anyway!

Ooh I've never heard of this, thank you. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as the BRITA one I have does feel wasteful

You don't need to throw away Brita filters. You can take them in for recycling. I can't remember who does it now but I know Argos do as it's near my office and where I used to go with them

Back