• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Recovery Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Cuzzy has started eating a little but he is still not eating as he should so I was wondering is there any kind of solid food I should try him on. He loves lettuce at the moment, so been feeding him romaine. He isn't keen on the solider foods yet such as celery and cucumber so should I just keep him on greens? I don't want to cause tummy upsets though but I need to keep giving him veggies as well as the cc.

Thanks and sorry to be a pain with all the questions!

Louise
x

I'm confused - do you mean some softer vegetables? or another dry food/mix? or a different recovery food? ? sorry ;D

LOL Sorry. I never explained very well. Cuzzy is only liking leafy greens at the moment, but I don't want to cause him tummy trouble. He doesn't want to eat cucumber, or celery etc but for some reason just prefers the leafy type veg.

I guess what I want to know is after they have been ill should they be started off on leafy veg or other foods such as corn etc. :)

When eevee was recovering after her tummy upset i gave her celery leaves and only 2 leafs of a leafy vege (those with less water content) per day. I also gave rolled oats, and plenty of timothy hay and bermuda grass.

Thanks yeah Cuzzy prefers softer veggies, he managed a bowl of curly kale last night so a huge improvement in his eating. Will keep offering he needs to keep his strength up!

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back