Recommended hay suppliers?

Megham

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys! Looking for any trusted hay suppliers you have in the UK.

I've now got my second infestation of hay mites within a year for my poor girls and I'm DONE :'D
So I'm wondering what hay suppliers do you guys use because I'm eagerly searching for a new supplier with a good reputation surrounding the little blighters.

It is time to get bathing.. 😭

I use haybox (both Timothy and meadow hay) and I am very happy with them. Delivery is very quick and quality is great, my piggies love it

I used to use Haybox club but the last delivery arrived battered and unusable - Haybox refused to replace it - they use flimsy boxes - previous delivery smelt very musty and piggies refused it anyway.
I’ve used Timothy hay.co.uk but I’ve just placed an order with healthyherby.co.uk

My lot love haybox hay, especially their Timothy blend. They also like vale bale which is a meadow hay.

Thank you for the responses everyone! Really helpful! I will look into them

I use Healthy Herby. Been very happy with them so far.

I order from haybox. I get the coarse cut timothy hay and the soft cut and mix it. My piggies love it. The coarse cut is always so fresh and green with lots of seed heads and they both smell so nice and sweet. As soon as I open the box my piggies go crazy. It's the highest quality I've ever had to be honest.

I used to buy from timothy hay.co.uk and switched to hay & straw.

Can you feed them Dengie Pure Grass?

No, this is meant for horses and other farm animals.

They can have something called Readigrass which is suitable for piggies, however, it is very rich so must only ever be as a small treat (a pinch or two) mixed into normal hay (Normal hay needing to be 80% of their food intake).

Thanks for the recs everyone! I'm also pleased to say there's a visible improvement in the hay mites (sigh of relief) So when I'm done with the full course they should be good as gold.

Back