Recommended Guinea Pig Toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleM

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd like to give my boys some more toys to play with, but the pet stores in my area are a little lacking in rodent toys. The best I can find are some fruit flavored chew blocks, which they don't seem to care for. Any suggestions as to where I can find some toys online? I'm not very handy with DIY, and I feel like they're going to get bored with the paper towel roll filled with hay.

Cardboard boxes with holes cut in.(my boars love cardboard boxes they're the toy they love best) Paper shopping bags (think Primark). I recently found "chinchillas2shop" and ordered the toy kit for £7.99 it's lots of different toys in there. Mind u Peanut loves his toys, Buddy's not too bothered. I've also used Viovet, zooplus, e bay, to source toys and bits.

just realised you're in the USA. I'm not sure of USA websites.

I'd like to give my boys some more toys to play with, but the pet stores in my area are a little lacking in rodent toys. The best I can find are some fruit flavored chew blocks, which they don't seem to care for. Any suggestions as to where I can find some toys online? I'm not very handy with DIY, and I feel like they're going to get bored with the paper towel roll filled with hay.

We have got a thread with tried and tested toy ideas here; most of them can be easily made at home. In fact, shop toys are in my experience usually just ignored.
Guinea Pig Toys
Potentially Dangerous Cage Accessories And Toys

Just to add what everyone else has said, my pigs favourite thing of all is a small mountain of hay. I lose them both into it for hours and often all I see during that time is a popcorning, happily chatting haystack! Sometimes the simple things are the best!

My boys love their carrot cottages (there is an excellent demolition thread for those on here) and the chewable balls made of different materials. They also seem to enjoy stripping bark off of bendy bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back