Recommendations For Carriers? Online Links Appreciated.

MichelleM

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a carrier for my pigs, mostly for vet travel. The two times I've taken them was before I could get a carrier and instead used a cardboard box, but I'd like something a bit sturdier and easier to carry around.

The ones I've found so far on Amazon are either too small, have only 1 review, or waaaay beyond my price range. If anyone has found anything they're satisfied with that I might be able to find online, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hello! When I got my little ones, I was advised to buy one that opens at the top, so you can lift them out rather than drag them out. The one I got is great, perfect size, and the pigs love it. Probs best for max 3 pigs. It is called "Savic Discovery Compact carrier" and you can order it from pets at home. Hope this helps!

I can't link as I'm on my phone, but I use the Catit Design Cabrio for my three girls. Front door and 'roof' opening. I love it. It is a bit bulky but it's sturdy and a fab size for my three. It's about £30 on Amazon at the moment.

It's also on zooplus, it's more expensive there but there're more pictures and reviews

I use my old hamster cage to transport my piggies in. It is only large enough for two on a trip to the vet and back. As soon as I get to the Vets they come out so they aren't cooped up for too long. My vets is only about 15 mins drive away. I certainly wouldn't leave them in there for any longer than that! I always take a friend to the Vets along with the patient to minimise stress.

Hello! When I got my little ones, I was advised to buy one that opens at the top, so you can lift them out rather than drag them out. The one I got is great, perfect size, and the pigs love it. Probs best for max 3 pigs. It is called "Savic Discovery Compact carrier" and you can order it from pets at home. Hope this helps!

:agr:

I like all top opening carriers and find these are the most cost effective for 2 -3 guinea pigs

Here is the P@H link ...

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/savic-discovery-compact-carrier

( I think you can get them from Wayfair too !)

Mine is like this but in lime green

Search - CARBAT6

I really like it. Plenty of air flow, easy to get to them and plenty of depth for hay hay hay.

I like these carriers - the medium size is adequate for 2 guinea pigs . I love the fact the top lid is clear and see through - I have a couple in the small size as they are great when you want to get a urine sample .

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...-urine-sample-to-the-vet-this-morning.134542/

I can't link as I'm on my phone, but I use the Catit Design Cabrio for my three girls. Front door and 'roof' opening. I love it. It is a bit bulky but it's sturdy and a fab size for my three. It's about £30 on Amazon at the moment.

It's also on zooplus, it's more expensive there but there're more pictures and reviews

I have one of these and used it when my 4 were a herd . I agree , it's a great carrier as it has a roof opening . It is a bit heavy and bulky though .

Here is a link to one site
Catit Design Cabrio Pet Carrier on Sale | Free UK Delivery

I also have a basic cat carrier from my local pet shop. The top part comes off really easy with just 2 clicks so I don't have to drag the pigs out the front.

We just use a standard cat carrier. Jon Snow is modelling it for you

One with a top opening would be better for Podrick though as he's harder to get out. He doesn't like the vet.

20170519_091452.webp

Back