Recommendation for good quality hutch

Squishy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have my piggies inside in the Winter but want to get ready for the Spring and better weather and purchase a new larger hutch. I would like a really good quality one 6ft/7ft single storey (unless someone advises of a two storey)? Any advice or comments welcome.

I really really like the Ryedale Hutches (beautifully made) but these are at top end of my budget and £75 for delivery which puts it just over.... thanks again for help and advice.

A two storey hutch isn’t needed as upper levels don’t count towards the cage size (the ramp itself also taking up floor space).
Most commercial hutches only go to 6ft. You would have to custom make anything bigger.
Chartwell hutches are well recommended but the back is made from plywood so hutch covers would still be needed to protect the wood.
If you have the time before needing to place an order for a new hutch and are able to save up more money to cover the cost of a Ryedale (incl delivery) then that would be a good option. Buying a good quality hutch that can stand up to British weather from the beginning is most cost effective.

A two storey hutch isn’t needed as upper levels don’t count towards the cage size (the ramp itself also taking up floor space).
Most commercial hutches only go to 6ft. You would have to custom make anything bigger.
Chartwell hutches are well recommended but the back is made from plywood so hutch covers would still be needed to protect the wood.
If you have the time before needing to place an order for a new hutch and are able to save up more money to cover the cost of a Ryedale (incl delivery) then that would be a good option. Buying a good quality hutch that can stand up to British weather from the beginning is most cost effective.
Thank you.......yes I am thinking about saving up over the next few weeks and maybe going for it.......I do like their 6ft single storey. Lots of space for my two girls.
I want to look at all options before deciding 100% but definitely leaning towards the Ryedale.

Back