Really Worried About Temperature By My Guinea Pig Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklynbee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 2 boars in a 2x4 cc cage with a loft. I have them in a corner away from drafts but that corner seems to be getting very hot especially when i cook. I live in a apartment with central air but unfortunately have a landlord that doesnt believe in putting it on unless its 90 degrees out. I bought a portable ac but it doesnt seem to do much for the area by where the pigs are. While cooking yesterday the temp was between 78 and 80. I left the window open overnight and it went down to 70 so now i am worried that was to drastic a change for them overnight. Recently my hamster came down with mites and her vet bill has cleaned my bank account out for pet emergencies. I am so worried about the boys getting sick from these temperature changes. I feel like if I cant get this under control I might have to give them up because I dont want them to get sick. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment I can suggest little things that can help short term but can be used everyday.

Fill a bottle with cold water and place it in the fridge overnight. This can be put in their cage and they can lie next to it to cool down. Ice packs for keeping food cool can be used in the same way.

Freeze some ceramic tiles and put them in the cage.

If you have a fan it can be placed near the cage but not facing directly onto it to keep the air slightly cooler.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back