Readi Grass

Vanilla cavies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a small herd of Guinea pigs & they love a handful of Readi grass as a treat (its a Saturday thing) but my local horse feed store is out of stock at the moment till next harvest....... Could they have the Dengie pure grass? would that be relatively the same?
Again this is just a treat for them as they don't get much lawn time due to mass garden improvements going on currently.

I have not heard of this so would likely err on the side of caution and say no. I would also say that readigrass is very rich and i wouldn’t feed it so regularly. Maybe once a month. It is not a replacement for fresh grass.

You could grow grass in trays, or see if you can source some somewhere you trust.

I’m pretty sure this is something somebody has asked before and the research suggested no they can’t have it.

I also agree in that Readigrass is more of an occasional treat in any event.
My lot love it and get a small amount once a week

I have fed Dengie pure grass before, it's literally just dried grasses, chopped up, however it's closer to hay than readigrass as readigrass is freeze dried. You have to be careful though as very similar products are coated in oils or molasses which should be avoided.

Are you able to buy online? Readigrass is still available online in bulk as far as I'm aware, but as above, fresh grass would be very much appreciated as an alternative!

Back