Re introduction

miranda2300

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys I am really considering induction roxy winter roxy and daisy again it's been awhile since I have separated them they been in a pen side by side since I removed roxy they have a bigger pen if they did get on I'll remove the grid that separates them so the will have a 2 x 4 and a 2x6 I have thought about this I know its needs to be on a neutral dround etc and I have seen winter speaking at roxy to come out the box and she did its just daisy that can be a madame lol what's you thoughts guys it be so much better for roxy then being alone
Many thanks

Can you remind us what occurred for them to be separated in the first place?
If it was a full fight, then please do not attempt reintroduction.
If it was bullying, then you need to be prepared that piggies don’t change their minds if they don’t like each other. Once a bond fails once, the chances of them going back together are very low.

Equally, any behaviours you see through the bars are not indicative that they want to be together. They may be happy talking and interacting through the bars but that does not mean they will be prepared to share territory again.

However, and very importantly, if you do try a reintroduction it must be on neutral territory.

I am afraid that it was bullying but they was in a small cage before I could sort these pens that there in now yeah I have researched that there need to be somewhere other then there pen's

As it was bullying, and i now recall - one of them was not eating or coming out of the box - i would personally not try to reintroduce. The cage may have been too small, but if they were not compatible previously, then they will not be compatible now. You also don’t want to risk the relationship between your functioning pair.

Its a shame she is alone (although being able to interact through the bars is good enough) but it is better for her to be alone if they are not compatible. Being reintroduced to piggies who previously bullied her would be stressful for her.
If she has been happier being away from the others, then it is a clear sign they will not work as a trio.

If you are going to try it, then keep an eye on them during the time in the bonding pen and be prepared to separate.

Moody Guinea Pigs: Depression, Bullying, Aggression, Stress, Fear and Antisocial Behaviour

Last edited:
I really don't want her put her in thatvstress she is a shy piggie winter at times tells daisy to back off and daisy listen I just feel so bad for roxy being on her own but she not shown signs she upset she pop corns when I go see them in the morning with food I think I should just leave it she can talk to the other girls and she happy some times she takes veggies off me someone time she don't the other girls do I just make sure that I am doing right you know

She sounds to be quite happy to be in her own space. Interaction though the bars is enough.

You did mention on your other post that you may get her a new friend - is that something you are still considering?

It is but the rescue that I wanted to apply for wanted a outside arrangement but at present I haven't got one due to it being cold when it comes nearer I'll get it but the thing is I live in country side and I need to find a suitable pen for them because we get hawks so I really need to find something safe even though I would be out side

OK thank you I've got loads of load of trips being on this site the girls are so happy since ibhave been on this site thank you so much

Back