re introducing my boar with his sow and her 2 babies

• Thread starter Thread starter charlie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charlie

Hi,
My Lola had 2 babies 5 days ago and I had my male Charlie castrated 3 weeks ago. I have a large pen I make up in the house for a few hours indoor time and up until now I have had the pen devided with mesh. Under supervision I indroduced Charlie to Lola and the pup and to start of with they were all great the little ones loved Chalie and Lola seemed happy to see him. Charlie was rumbeling and wiggeling him bum as he dose a lot and then started to chatter his teeth at lola, as she was following him around, but he was not aggressive. I split them up and I would like any advice on whether to keep on trying, as I hoped to home them all together if they were girls, dont worry I know all about when to split them up if they are boys !
Any suggestions what to do?
Thanks Charlie

I would keep trying but under supervision. It is extremely unlikely he will go for Lola but may have a go at baby piggie so just keep a watchful eye until you are happy with things :) If baby does turn out to be a boy, obviously you will have to take him out ;)

Hi,
I have tried to sex them but they are so wiggly, it is hard to see accurately as I do know what to look for jus do not have the skill, so I will just take them to the vet at 2 and a half weeks old.
Thanks Charlie.

I find that some sows prefer a castrated boar in there to the sows and the boars seem to take it all so much more seriously (or maybe I'm humanising them ;D ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back