• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rattly chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok one of the baby boys I got today sounds like hes got air rattling when he breathes,apart from that he seems fine

anyone got any advice?

If he were mine, I'd make an appointment for him with a good guinea pig vet :)
I won't waste time with rattly chests and like to have them checked over asap. Other people will try over the counter meds such as Sudofed first, it's a case of doing what you feel to be right.

If he's bright it is a good sign, but if you decide just to keep an eye on him, watch him closely, guineas can go downhill very quickly with chest problems.

Barbara

Agree with Barbara. Can never be too sure, it may be something, on the hand can be nothing at all :)

As he is a baby and you don't know his background I'd be straight to the vets too...

Also advise where ever he came from that he has a poorly chest as it is possible others will have the same.

Ok I'm trying sudafed first,if that fails ill pop to the vet tomm morning,i just dont wanna be ripped off by them if you get what i mean

ok got some sudafed and gave him a bit so ill see how it goes,ill prob pop him to the vets tomm just to be sure,I'm dreading the cost :(

ok mum took him to the vets and theyve given him Baytril,he has an upper respitory infection or something like that

That's great to hear he has been seen by a vet, you did the right thing. Hopefully he should soon be on the mend.

Barbara

GET THEM TO THE VETS NOW
my wee coco died of pnemonia, which started out as a rattly chest. hurry up! go go go! :o

lilgalnatalie said:
GET THEM TO THE VETS NOW
my wee coco died of pnemonia, which started out as a rattly chest. hurry up! go go go! :o

He went to the vets yest and is on antibiotics

gdgdgd! i hope he gets better :) ;) :) :) ;) :) ;) coco was put on antibotics...but it was too late :'(

nooooooooo dont tell me that

we just checked on him and it doesnt seem as bad today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back