Rate These Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyanidebaby

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going to do another allergy test today, and if all goes well, soon, I'll have 2 new boars! :)

Which do you think are best out of these:

• Gerald and Finley (after the singer)
  • Hans and Martin (From the crime programme 'The Bridge')
  • Guillelmo and Ferrando AKA Elmo and Randy (the guys from Cosi Fan Tutte, if I ever got mates for them they'd then be Dori and Fiori after Dorabella and Fiordilligi)
  • Figaro and Lindoro AKA Figs and Indie/Lindie from The Barber of Seville
  • Columbo and Poirot - After the detectives
  • Glamis and Cawdor (My dog's name is Thane...All hail Macbeth, Thane of Glamis, all hail Macbeth, Thane of Cawdor, all hail Macbeth, that shall be king hereafter...hence, the next a third piggie would be Rex, latin ''king''
  • Tamino and Papageno (Pa-PIG-eno lol) AKA Tammo and Papa/Piggy from The Magic Flute
  • Flute and Piccolo
  • Alidoro and Dandini AKA Dandy and Ali from 'La Cenerentola'
  • Toro and Picador
Which do you like? Which aren't you so keen on?

Thanks

I can see this themed lark getting out of control LOL...it affects all of them, but taking detectives as an example:

Friend: Do you have any pets?
Me: Yes, a dog, Thane, and 12 guinea pigs, Columbo, Poirot, Hastings, Morse, Lewis, Hathaway, Marple, Saga, Martin, Monk, Frost, and not forgetting little J.B. Fletcher

Thanks

So far:

Columbo and Poirot: III
Dandy and Ali I
Elmo and Randy I
Figaro and Lindoro I
Flute and Piccolo I
Toro and Picador I

All the rest 0

I'm still more interested in votes for boars, but on the off chance I fall for sows, my list of names would be:

• Dorabella and Fiordilligi (Also from Cosi Fan Tutte, but I'll nickname them Dori and Fiori)
  • Rosina and Zerlina (Zina and Lina)
  • Morrigan and Leliana
  • Joyce and Miah
  • Carmen and Cosi
If I ever did get Cosi Fan Tutte pigs, I'd lip sink them to opera duets and trios, same with Figaro and Lindoro.

Dorabella and Fiordilligi:

Figaro and Lindoro:

Last edited:
guinea pigs 1.webp
125.webp
124.webp
guinea pigs 1.webp

The tortie one with the black nose is most confident. He was the one who went to investigate the carrots first when I put them in by hand earlier, and although he was a bit like, ''I'm not sure'' he waited and assessed the situation, and he seems to listen to my voice more readily. I expect that if I keep putting veg in by hand, he'll be over to me in no time. The auburn and white one is more skittish, he's faster to run when it comes to sounds near the cage. I wouldn't say he's necessarily less dominant because he was happy to ease the tortie out of the way to reach the carrot. He was also first to the front of the enclosure when we picked them out, so we'll see.

There'll be more pictures when they're ready to explore, but for now, of the names above, what do you choose? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back