• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Raspy Wheaks

EdvnFvrm

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi hi!

My 4 month old girl, Café, her wheaks got noticeably raspy/not crisp+sharp one morning after rescuing her from her head getting stuck in a toilet paper tube. She was screaming a lot, so I wasn’t sure if it was because of that. Her wheaks stayed raspy from then on. I listened to her breathing, no pops or labored breathing, no discharge, clear eyes, healthy appetite and energy. We took her to a vet and the vet ran a URI test and a physical and there was no URI detected. They said it could be due to a past URI, but idk bc she didn’t sound like that when we first adopted her. Do Guinea pigs this young just randomly experience vocal changes like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
It could have been due to distressed screaming.
If the vet has checked her out and concluded she is healthy then that is a good thing.

Back