• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Raspy Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Don't post much but am concerned with one of my Pigs. She's a self white PE called Taylor and since Saturday/Sunday I started noticing that instead of Squeaking when I go in to see her and the other two, she makes a raspy sound. She's in with another female who doesn't make the noise and I also have a male, who is not caged with them, who doesn't make it either.

Any suggestions as to whats going on with her, and whether I need to take her to the vet. I'm planning to make an appoinment tomorrow but was wondering if it was a serious problem and if anyone else had experienced it?

Cozmo
-x-

When you say "raspy" noise,is she grinding her teeth do you think or is the noise coming from the throat,chest?.Could be a dental prob lem ,or it could be a raspy wheeze indicating a respitory infection.Is the piggy otherwise o.k. ie: eating,normal mobility.Does his breathing seem slower or faster than normal?.

She's eating, pooping...running around as normal...She seems fine in herself.

It seems to be coming from her throat as it is quite loud.

I've listened to her chest...and all I can hear is her little squeaks that she constantly makes...which is normal for her as she's done it since I got her.

I'd take her the vets, if she's never made the noise before chances are it'll need treating, may be something small which can be sorted out quickly and easily, fingers crossed she's ok x

I would take her to the vets too, and get a proper diagnosis and meds if need be. The sooner these things are diagnosed the better the chance of treatment, let us know how you get on :)

I think your guinea had what mine had a few weeks ago. Is the raspy noise everytime she breathes? If it is she probably has a resperaitory problem and if you take her to the vet he'll probably give you a courdse of baytril for her. My guinea did that and she was completely better within a week. Best wishes for her! O0

Its really bizarre she's stopped doing it now...and its not evey time she breaths...it was just when I would go into the garage...and was like she was doing it instead of squeaking.

HHmm could it be a rumble? Mine do it if i make a noise they dont like, they do it when I'm filling the food bowl up for some reason lol strange piggies!? x

Hey guys, I spoke to the vet on the phone and she said that fact that she's running around fine and eating and drinking fine then she doesn't have a problem. She said it could be she's getting over a small virus, but nothing serious.

Was probably me worrying for nothing, but I have to make sure she's alright...she's gorgeous and a member of my family. She's been fine since and I haven't heard her make the noise since Monday. Thanks for the advice though guys. *Hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back