Random Rublestrutting

Piggywheekers

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! Our two boars are about 2.5 years old and have been bonded since birth.

We have noticed that they go through periods of peace and then have some periods of very rowdy rumblestrutting every couple of months.

No violence, just Squash bothering Pickle and not allowing him to do anything uninterrupted.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced a fluctuation like we have? Could it be hormonal? (When they had a rough patch in May we thought it must be mating season)

Could they be bored? Is there anything we can do to calm them down other than give them food and plenty of space/enrichment?

I just really don’t want it to escalate!

It’s a normal dominance behaviour. Rumblestrutting is a very mild dominance behaviour and nothing to be concerned about.

They don’t have a mating season but they can become a bit hormonal in spring (we call it spring hormones).

It’s a normal dominance behaviour. Rumblestrutting is a very mild dominance behaviour and nothing to be concerned about.

They don’t have a mating season but they can become a bit hormonal in spring (we call it spring hormones).
Thanks!

Yes I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why it comes in waves? They have been consistently in a loop of fine, then ruble-strutting like mad every couple of months.

Back