random question about hutches

• Thread starter Thread starter Lez
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lez

just a random question, but can outdoor hutches be used indoors?

does anyone use them indoors?

I'm suspecting my mum may be heading towards getting me more piggies, just a suspicion, because shes taking me to look at some tomorrow,and if she does, i wouldnt have the space for a c+c cage big enough, so a 2 tier hutch would be better for me.

i do have the outdoor space, but nowhere that would be safe from the weather, so i prefer to keep piggies indoors

i should think that tyhey would make a lot of mess..because the front is like open mesh..

PerfectPiggies said:
I used to have a hutch inside with no problems :smile:

ooo thats good :) so it would be ok to consider if i did happen to get more piggies then

We are going to bring in our outside hutch when the weather gets too cold for the piggies. The only potential prob i can see is as spudnik said they'd be a bit messy. But it would only be a bit of hay and stuff....not too much to tidy up i'd say!

You could stick a tray in front to catch anything that drops out then it is just the simple task of empyting the tray O0

lol that is a good idea, ::) something i will definately consider now!

its kinda strange cos my mum originally wasnt keen on me having pets, but i dont live with her so it doesnt matter what she thinks lol, but now cos she knows how much i love them, shes seen some piggies she says i will love and is taking me to see them tomorrow O.o

I'm suspicious she may get me more piggies as she was asking me about ideas for mine and my bros birthday, so I'm suspecting she may get me more piggies as an early 21st present. she tends to plan early cos of me having a lot of bros and sisters and my birthday being before xmas so i tend to get presents early

id love a c+c cage but i dont have the space to build one for 4 piggies, a 2tier hutch would be much easier for me

that brill, ypu could always put newspaper down on your floor to for any poop kicked out at a distance..or if you have a dog like mine that loves to eat gp poop your sorted lol

spudnik said:
that brill, ypu could always put newspaper down on your floor to for any poop kicked out at a distance..or if you have a dog like mine that loves to eat gp poop your sorted lol

thats handy, having your own living guinea pig cleaner ;D

unfortunately i dont have a dog, but i have laminate floors throughout the house, so very easy to sweep quickly with a dust pan and brush if any hay/poops did end up on the floor

You could fasten a piece of clear perspex to the bottom of the doors just to stop any mess falling out, it would not restrict view of piggies but should help keep mess in.

Amy.x. :smitten:

maisydaisystar said:
i have seen people on this forum with hutches indoors

i thought id seen it somewhere but couldnt remember where lol

opinions/ideas always help with stuff like this too lol

My Guineas and indoors in a hutch, and are on towels and fleece as bedding and it works great O0

okay so the pictures don't work lol but it works out fine having a hutch indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back