Ran Out Of Detergent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirsty

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey
I need to wash my pigs fleece and I've just realised I've ran out of detergent that has non bio and no softner ect, and no shops are open now! what else could I use instead? Or should I just use nothing and just wash them at 60degrees without any detergent, surely the temperature will still clean the fleece? I don't have any white vinegar either just normal dark vinegar.. help!

I can't now because I have taken them out brushed them out and stuff and stubbed the wood underneath and stuff, would be hassle! I think if I wash them at 60degrees it's still going to kill the bacteria because of the temperate, surely :hmm:

I would imagine washing at 60 should be fine. You can always wash them twice to be double sure :) (one wash, and then straight into a second wash) :)

I've been in this predicament before. Brown vinegar on a 60 degree wash worked fine for me :-) x

I didn't use vinegar because the replies were too late I already put them in the wash at 60 without any detergent still and to be fair they came out fine and look clean :) thank you all for your responses x

High temp should be fine :) you can also use bicarb soda if you find yourself in that position again. I never use commercial detergent, I usually use soapnuts and/or vinegar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back