Rabbits need rescuing

Bettyb26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is a long shot but I’ve just been in the Pets at Home store in Havant (Hampshire) and there was a very distressed giant rabbit in one of the enclosures. We asked one of the staff members if the rabbit was ok and he said that he had arrived there today as the owners couldn’t look after him and his brother. Even worse, the store didn’t have space for both so they had been split up and the other rabbit was taken to the Waterlooville store 😞 the poor thing was sat panting in this enclosure right in the middle of where people queue and I feel sick and can’t stop thinking about it. There’s no way I could take either of them but I’m wondering if there is a rabbit rescue in Hampshire/Sussex/anywhere that would be able to take them? I have no idea why someone would surrender their pets to that store as they clearly don’t have the space or knowledge to look after them. I rarely go in there and wish I hadn’t now. ☹️

Oh that is so awful especially that they have split them. If you type in Rabbit Rescue Hampshire there are quite a few. Good luck 🤞

I hope they can be reunited and found an appropriate home. 🤞

Back