rabbit shack hutches

• Thread starter Thread starter rachpark
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rachpark

Hi I was thinking of buying this 4ft Rabbit shack hutch for my two sows, hazel and smudge. They have outgrown their Heather hideaway from P@H. ( I knew I should of bought a bigger one-oh well always learning)
Has anyone bought this brand before?
http://www.premierpetsonline.com/showdetails.asp?id=5275

I am planning to move the old hutch into the shed for winter retreats.

Do you think its bigger enough and will they handle the ramp, not sure if its designed for rabbits?
Ofcourse they have access their day run on the lawn too. (saves me mowing it! )

Help -Your advice is always appreciated.

Hi Rach,
We have that hutch for one of our rabbits with a run attached. Its OK, but the only problem is that in the bedroom there seems to be a groove between the floor and the wall where all the mess can gather - we have to hose it down to get all the yuk out. also the piggies could tumble off the ramp... and with it being open mesh on the bottom level then they are more open to foxes etc.

I have a two storey rabbit shack, looks the same as the one in the pic but without the run underneath. My piggies managed the ramp no problems :)

oh I didnt think of that, these things are only something you find our when you take the hutch home. I have a gap on the P@H hutch which I use a wallpaper scrapped to get it all out.
My girls are kinda danger pigs they love jumping off the pigaloo onto the tunnels. but the ramp does look steep.

do you know if anyone sells a rabbit-shack double hutch with a ramp between the two that would be better than a open mesh bottom run I think?

Planet Guinea has this hutch for £75.00 including packing and postage. Not two storey but a foot longer. :-\

Edit: this isn't designed for outside use :)

wow that looks huge, tho really need a outdoor hutch for the summer months. The grass seeds look interesting have you used this supplier ?

:embarassed: I am this supplier :) I use the seeds on my own guins and the rescues. Cereal Grass for indoors (but can be grown out) and Tim etc for outdoor Piggy Gardens. There's a trial size page and learner growers if you're unsure :)

No its not embarassing glad suppliers are on this forum, it means that real guinea pig needs are meet by the piggy parents :smitten:
will have a look at the trail pack
thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back