Quiet guineapigs

Ixaac

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've had my piggies for about 2 years now and recently had to separate them due to a bond break. Even when they were getting on fine and were housed together they always seemed to be a bit quiet they would wheek for food and when they heard the fridge open but aside for some occasional rumblestrutting they weren't making as much noise as I thought they would. I've kept guineapigs before and my childhood pets were super loud always talking and wheeking all day. But my two boys now aren't very talkative. I thought after I separated them they might pick it up because they wouldn't be so stressed from fighting and being with someone they didn't like but they are still super quiet and only really talk when they know food is coming ? Other than this they are fine no signs of loneliness or sadness always eating love a run around and a cuddle. I just don't know if they are both just naturally quiet little guys or if maybe they are wary of being loud ? Have you ever had quieter piggies ? I dont know if I'm doing something wrong ?

You aren’t doing anything wrong. Some piggies are just more vocal than others. Their communication with each other is not just sound (and even as separated but side by side piggies) it’s through sight and a lot of it through scent, so being quieter doesnt mean they aren’t happy

Thank you for the reassurance I think a lot of my worries are just pet anxiety ontop of a already bad anxiety disorder so this is nice to hear

I've had my piggies for about 2 years now and recently had to separate them due to a bond break. Even when they were getting on fine and were housed together they always seemed to be a bit quiet they would wheek for food and when they heard the fridge open but aside for some occasional rumblestrutting they weren't making as much noise as I thought they would. I've kept guineapigs before and my childhood pets were super loud always talking and wheeking all day. But my two boys now aren't very talkative. I thought after I separated them they might pick it up because they wouldn't be so stressed from fighting and being with someone they didn't like but they are still super quiet and only really talk when they know food is coming ? Other than this they are fine no signs of loneliness or sadness always eating love a run around and a cuddle. I just don't know if they are both just naturally quiet little guys or if maybe they are wary of being loud ? Have you ever had quieter piggies ? I dont know if I'm doing something wrong ?

Hi and welcome

Adult piggies are generally a lot quieter, anyway; but there is also an individual variance.

Back