Query-can potato mash constipate piggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Well i've been feeding Dukey the potato mash once a day (about one teaspoon made up with water to make about a tablespoon in total) usually the night feed to help bulk him up.
Today i haven't seen any poos :(
Just wondering could this constipate him? I've manipulated his 'area' and nothing came out.
Or should i look for another problem, today has been in the high 30's C (just under 100 degrees F) again and very very humid, maybe this?
Would like some opinions, welcome to all advice, you know me i'm a listening to you all please :)
Oh just to let you know he weighed in at 666 grams this morning which again is a weight gain, haven't weighed tonight as yet,
and he's not touched anything barely on his plates, no fruits maybe a teensy bit of greens.
I've also just made up a slushy mix of cos lettuce, baby spinach, lettuce leaves, cucumber, continental parsley, juice of pears, small piece of watermelon and some water will try to feed this as well at his night time feed about 8:30pm (your time 9:30am approx)
Thanks again for your help :) :)

666 ? your piggy is the devil incarnate!
*hides*

Id like to know about mashed potato too

Pls don't say that, it's the first thing i thought of :-\

Wish it was 888 cause that's good.

Thanks again for your concern appreciate it :-*

Glynis said:
Pls don't say that, it's the first thing i thought of :-\

Wish it was 888 cause that's good.

Thanks again for your concern appreciate it :-*
nah he would have lil horns on his head if he was ;)

Your not meant to give piggies mash potato, or any normal potato so I have always been told. Sweet potato is fine though

Yes thanks Skinny Lover i'd previously read that, but when a piggie is sick i've been advised
to do the potato mash thing in other words the pre made up stuff that you add what too.

But i value your opinion and thanks for it :-*

Off side how's things going i know it's been a tough time for you hoping it's a little better :-* :-*

Mashed potato can cause bloat if given too regularly - causing constipation. I have always given my pigs potato peelings about 1-2 times a week with no problems, but have never given them any of the potato itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back