Prowling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorebrush

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Becci and I have noticed a few occasions now that one of our piggies likes to prowl and make a little rumbling noise now and again. It is odd, and I cannot say I have seen it mentioned here and other places that I have been looking into their behaviour.

Does anyone have any ideas what it may mean? He isn't being nasty to our other piggie, he just prowls a few paces then resumes popcorning again...

Any advice gratefully received.

It looks like I imagine rumble strutting to look like. {:|
I thought only the female of the species as it were did this sort of thing :{

bless him, he is probably just playing at being tough. Bertie is so laid back he doesnt do anything that might cause him overexertion x)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpEO0JymzTQ"]Guinea Pig Dominance Behavior: Stanley Rumble-strutting & being a very bossy piggie! - YouTube[/ame]

This lady has explained it well - Maybe a member here?

Rumble strutting is typical dominance behaviour (I must have read about it before!)

He's doing a form of rumble strutting.

My Piggie Romano used to do the same thing. He'd be low on the ground moving around rumbling. He never did anything else, it was just how he liked to walk around his cage and then he'd stop.

Now Arthur is gone and he's all alone he doesn't do it.

This is natural behaviour and a sign to say they are in charge. Nothing to worry about. :)

He's doing a form of rumble strutting.

My Piggie Romano used to do the same thing. He'd be low on the ground moving around rumbling. He never did anything else, it was just how he liked to walk around his cage and then he'd stop.

Now Arthur is gone and he's all alone he doesn't do it.

Aww, sorry to hear that

rumble strutting

Hi, my daughter has two male guinea pigs, who up to yesterday got on really well,until last night. They both started rumbling and strutting and chassing each other then facing each other rather aggressively and mounting each other. Darwin had a thick sticking white substance on his back. We separated them for the night and they seem to have calmed down this morning, but concerned they might hurt each other they are about 18 weeks old. Has anyone had this happen?

Ours have been pretty friendly with each other, but I think the advice that you will be given here is that you should leave them together unless there is blood drawn. They are working on who is the dominant piggie at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back