Protexin profibre pellets, green oat and wheat hays - frequency & quantity

Countrylass

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The ladies are starting on the low calcium diet (mainly due to Doris's bladder sludge and I think we now have an issue with Lexi based on the squeaking I could hear an hour ago). We still have 3 full tubs of Protexin profibre pellets in stock so how often can the ladies have them and is it the same tablespoon limit as for their pellets?

Doris especially, is particularly fond of the Hay Experts forage hays: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/green-wheat-forage-hay-the-hay-experts.html and https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/green-wheat-forage-hay-the-hay-experts.html Are these a once a week small handful treat or can they have them more often?

Lexi and Carol don't really eat pellets but they enjoy the Protexin whereas Doris doesn't eat the Protexin but loves Selective.

I'll need to give mom clear guidance on what she can give them if they ask her for food (her mental health doesn't cope to well with not being able to give them something especially if they get too loud with their demands) when I go back to work Tuesday so it would be useful to write it all down for her.

Bumping this for you in case anyone can help

I've not used proteinex either.i use the green wheat forage and green oat forage,I place a handful in a bowl once a day.but I do have a few piggies.

Thanks. For now we are going with slightly less than a tablespoon of the grainless Selective daily each, one tablespoon of Protexin once a week (we are considering donating a tub to a rescue to help work through the stock), unlimited meadow / Ings hay and timothy hay with the Hay Experts forage hays twice a week. The ladies have tested the happy hay co sample pack and have requested the crau hay (they have delicate taste buds) to be added to their hay selection.

Now I need to find a suitable alternative to spring greens as they are no longer willing to eat it :mal:

Back