• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Probiotics & Antibiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caviesgalore (EPGPR)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In the past I have given piggies on antibiotics Bio Lapis (on the recommendation of the vet) probiotic powder, administered an hour or so after their meds.

It has just struck me that the new vet didn't say anything about giving Tetley, my post op boar, any probiotics and I wonder whether I should be giving him something? He is eating well, including his cagemates pellets, so is hopefully getting some good "gut flora" back into his system and his pellets are looking reasonably normal. What do you think?

Baytril isn't particularly aggressive but better to be safe than sorry in my opinion. I use Vetarks probiotic (Avipro Plus) from SPH Supplies- much cheaper (for me anyway) to buy a larger tub.
Sounds like he wants a Probiotic if he's eating the other one's soft pellets :) I would give him some so everyone gets their fair share :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back