Probably A Very Silly Question!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm preparing my heart and home for 2 little baby sows next week and i have a question.. do guinea pigs jump? They dont seem like they would but i see products for hammocks and 'bunk beds' and cant see how they would get up there!
I'm trying to completly deck out my c&c cage before they come home but i dont want to make/purchase anything they cant/shouldnt use.
Thanks from a very nervous piggy mummy to be

Yeap they can jump, not dead high mind (I don't think) :) I have two bendy logs in one of the cages (we have 5 in total and 10 piggies) the two boys would always sit on top but since moving them to a new cage and getting them new logs they don't do it as much. They've no need now though as they have a perspex front on their cage and can see everything XD Just make sure not to put things that they could jump on to close to the side of the cage :) Don't worry they tend not to get out of C&C's. I've only heard of that when a sow has been in season and is trying to get to a boar XD

Others will come along and post, try not to be too nervous :)

We have a baby sow at the moment who climbs and jumps, sometimes I think she forgets she's a piggy!

I have 3 sows, rosie is a jumper and a climber. She is a long haired diva / drama queen who makes such a fuss over nail trims and hair cuts. I have to sit on the floor with her for any of her maintenance as i found out she can easily jump 12" high from standing. Luckily her mum and sister are more obliging, but can still jump about 6" high onto a bunk bed.

One of my old pigs used to be a massive jumper! When we opened the lid of the run, she'd leap up into our arms - we'd have to catch her rugby ball style! She could jump about 18inches. She was the only one who showed any interest in leaping though!

My baby sow is a jumper. She jumped about 12 inches over the side of her pigloo to escape being catched and easily hurdles over the food bowl etc when doing zoomies!

They can jump, but it seems to be a very individual thing. One of mine used to jump up stairs in her young days (though she never kept going up- she would jump up one or two and then jump back down, much to my relief, because containing her would have been much harder if she had figured out that she could just keep going!) That said, none of my others have been that interested in leaping up onto things. Some pigs are just braver and more athletic than others!

Hi,
I got a shock when we bought our two boys at just how fast the little fellas can zoom around...and popcorn up high in the air at the same time ! Absolutely fantastic piggy TV x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back