• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pro-C timing

Piggies2023

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can I give Pro-C at the same time as glucasomine, gapapentin and metacam please? She is having baytril in the evening with those meds also. So I'm thinking of giving her Pro-C in the morning when I'm not giving her the baytril dose. Some of her poos are a bit bigger and softer, still formed though. But I am also wary of introducing Pro-C when she may have IC incase it makes it worse.

Can I give Pro-C at the same time as glucasomine, gapapentin and metacam please? She is having baytril in the evening with those meds also. So I'm thinking of giving her Pro-C in the morning when I'm not giving her the baytril dose. Some of her poos are a bit bigger and softer, still formed though. But I am also wary of introducing Pro-C when she may have IC incase it makes it worse.

Hi

In combination with any antibiotic you best give any probiotic either one hour before the antibiotic in order to bolster the gut or two hours after the antibiotic in order to restock the gut (your own preference as to which fits better around your daily life; the two methods are about as effective) but never at the same time because the antibiotic is a bacteria killer - and digestive bacteria are what is in the probiotic.

With other meds it doesn't matter when and in which form you give it.

I hope that this helps you?

Hi

In combination with an antibiotic you best give any probiotic either one hour before the antibiotic in order to bolster the gut or two hours after the antibiotic in order to restock the gut (your own preference as to which fits better around your daily life; the two methods are about as effective) but never at the same time because the antibiotic is a bacteria killer - and digestive bacteria are what is in the probiotic.

With other meds it doesn't matter when and in which form you give it.

I hope that this helps you?
Thank you

Back