• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pretty sure Lennie has a fungal infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had him out for cuddle time/grooming/nail clipping today and I noticed on his back, to one side some scurfy stuff. I gently tugged the hair and it came out easily and was scurfy looking too. He squeaked a bit when I touched that area. I gave him a coconeem melt all over and left on for 20 mins and a bath in the same shampoo.
Do I have to repeat this process and if so when? He wasnt bald at all so I caught it early :-\

Repeat the shampoo in one week.If the condition has improved you may not need to use the melt again.I find that using GGs Myrrh aand Lavender lotion on the affected area can help as well.

You could of course email Chrissie for advise.

Oh dear, glad you caught it early. Hope your guinea pig is all better soon :)

Hi

Glad u found it early enough

Hope he gets better soon

Terry-Ann x

I am sure he will be ok, thanks guys! Luckily, I handle and cuddle my piggies a lot so caught it early and GG stuff is brill.

I used GGs Manuka and Neem on two of my guineas a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I was amazed at how quickly it cleared the problem. Neither of them had it too badly but within 2 days it was all gone. I couldn't believe something could work so quickly. It also left their coats lovely and soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back